A case study to know the acceptance measurement system and process capability using Statistical Process Control in Manufacturing Industry
Validation new equipment before be used continously in production process is very necessary. With the validation we can know the process capability performance of new machine that already installed. This process align with IATF 16949 clausa 8.1.1 requirement. Bead Grommet machine is one of new machine that has been installed in the truck and bus tire manufacturing company which is need to be validated to know whether machine stable and capable for continous production. Special characteristic for the output bead grommet process that need to be controlled as necessary is the Bead Inner Circumference (BIC). Bead inner circumference of tire is critical to quality when the tire set into the rim. Bead inner circumference out from the standard can generate into death or injured.
Validation for the new Bead Grommet machine to know the Process capability use Statistical Process Control methodology. In term to know the quality measurement before do the Statistical Process Capability study the measurement tools need be assured with calibrated it and already verified with the Measurement System Analysis study. Data collection that be achieved from the study is proceed as the reference for conclusion.
The results of the analysis imply that measurement tool is can be used for captured the product variation that be happened during production process. Based on data which collected and analyze the process with the new machine installed show that capability process machine Bead Grommet capable. This conclusion reflected from Cp and Cpk value.
2021.html be accesed on 09 December 2017.
(2) FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business, “ Tire Defects - An Overview”, 2017.
www.sandersparks.com/Tire-Defects_PC/Overview-Tire-Defects_PC.shtml , be
accesed on 09 December 2017.
(3) IATF 16949.2016. “ Quality Management System Requirements for Automotive
Production and relevan service part organizations. AIAG,ANFIA, FIEV, SMMT, VDA
(4) Cristiano Fragassa, Martin Ippoliti, “TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT OF TIRE
MOULD CLEANING SYSTEMS AND QUALITY FINISHING, 2016, International
Journal for Quality Research 10(3) 523 –546.
(5) Palit P, Das S, Mathur J .2015. Metallurgical investigation of wirebreakage of tyre bead
grade. Case Stud Eng Failure Anal 4:83–87
(6) Chen KS, Chen SC, Li RK .2002.” Process quality analysis of products”. Int J Adv
Manuf Technol 19(8):623–628.
(7) Doradla, Arun Kumar.2005."FAILURE MODE OF THE WEFTLESS BEAD AND
EVALUATION OF IMPROVED CONTINUOUS SINGLE WIRE BASED
BEAD" .University of Kentucky Master's Theses. Paper 337.
(8) Daimler Chrysler Corporation, Ford Motor Company, General Motor Corporation. 2002.
“MEASUREMENT SYSTEM ANALYSIS” reference manual 4th edition.
(9) Kooshan Farhad .2012. “Implementation of Measurement System Analysis System
(MSA): In the Piston Ring Company”, International Journal of Science and Technology,
Volume 2 No.10.
(10) Georgia A. Louka, George J. Besseris .2010. “Gauge R&R for an Optical
Industrial Type Machine”, International Journal for Quality research, Vol.4, No. 4.
(11) Minitab 16. www.minitab.com.
(12) Abolfazl Kazemi et al. 2010. Developing a Method for Increasing Accuracy and
Precision in Measurement System Analysis: A Fuzzy Approach. Journal of Industrial
Engineering 6(2010) 25-32.
(13) A. Al-Refaie, N. Bata, 2010. Evaluating measurement and process capabilities by
four quality measures. Measurement, 43, 842–851, 2010.
(14) Arifianto, Anto Hendri, Agustina Verawati, Ria Anggraini. 2009. Motode Penelitian
Pendidikan. Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Universitas Jambi, Muara Bulian.
(15) Filino. 2011. Modul VII Psikologi Eksperimen. Pusat Pengembangan Bahan Ajar
Universitas Mercubuana. Jakarta.
(16) Vincent Gaspersz.1998. Statistical Process Control, Penerapan Teknik-teknik Statistikal
Manajemen Bisnis Total PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama. Jakarta.
(17) Vincent Gaspersz. 2001. Metode Analisis Untuk Peningkatan Kualitas. PT. Gramedia
(18) Chandana (Last updated September 11, 2017). Normality Test in Minitab: Minitab with
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- All contributor(s) agree to transfer the copyright of this article to EPH Journal.
- EPH Journal will have all the rights to distribute, share, sell, modify this research article with proper reference of the contributors.
- EPH Journal will have the right to edit or completely remove the published article on any misconduct happening.