THE HUMAN CAPITAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: LITERATURE REVIEW
- Human capital,
- economic development,
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Business & Management Science (ISSN: 2208-2190)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The human capital constitutes an important factor for the development of the nation’s economy. Recently, Barro, Mankiw and Sala-I-Martin (1995) place the human capital as the vital variable which explains the economic evolution. Hence, the effects of human capital on the economic development became a significant topic in the empirical literature. In this way, the idea of this study is to give a perspective of the theory and the basic approaches of human capital. Then, this paper sets out to review the literature about the relationship between human capital and economic development.
- Azam, M., Ather Maqsood, A., "Role of human capital and foreign direct investment in
- promoting economic growth: evidence from Commonwealth of Independent States," International Journal of Social Economics 42, no. 2, (2015).
- Barro, R.J., "Health and economic growth," Annals of Economics and Finance 14, no. 2, (2013).
- Boztosun, D., Aksoylu, S., and Şenturk Ulucak, Z., "The Role of Human Capital in Economic Growth," Economics 4, no. 3 (2016).
- Čadil, J., Petkovova, L., and Blatna, D., "Human capital, economic structure and growth," Procedia Economics and Finance 12, (2014).
- Cinnirella, F., and Streb, J., "The role of human capital and innovation in economic development: evidence from post-Malthusian Prussia," Journal of economic growth 22, no. 2, (2017).
- Denison, E., «The Source of Economic Growth in the united States and the Alternatives Before Us Supplementary», Paper No 13, Committee for Economic Development, New York, (1962).
- Feldman, M., Hadjimichael, T., Lanahan, L., and Kemeny, T "economic development: a definition and model for investment", Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, volume 34, p.6-7, (2016).
- Haller, A., "Concepts of Economic Growth and Development. Challenges of Crisis and of Knowledge", Economy Transdisciplinarity Cognition, Vol. 15, Issue 1/2012, p.68 (2012).
- Mosunmola Osoba, A., Adewale Tella, S., "Human Capital Variables and Economic Growth in Nigeria: An Interactive Effect", EuroEconomica, Issue (36)/2017.
- OCDE, « L'investissement dans le capital humain: une comparaison internationale », Paris, Editions de l'OCDE, (1998).
- OCDE, « Du bien-être des nations » : le rôle du capital humain et social, Paris, (2001).Pelinescu, E., "The impact of human capital on economic growth," Procedia Economics and Finance 22, (2015).
- Ramos, R., Surinach, J., and Artis, M., "Regional economic growth and human capital: the role of over-ducation," Regional Studies 46, no. 10 (2012).
- Rehman, Z. U., Tariq, M. and Khan, M. A., “The role of human capital in economic development in selected Central Asian Countries”. The Dialogue, XIII (3), 235–244, (2018).
- Zuinen, N., Varlez, S., «Développement durable: modes de production et capital humain», WORKING PAPER 22-04, Bureau fédéral du Plan, Bruxelles, p7, (2004).