The Propaganda Used in Arabic-Speaking Israeli Websites towards Jerusalem Issue
A Comparative Analytical Study
This study aimed at identifying the methods of propaganda in the Israeli Arabic-speaking websites on the issue of Jerusalem, its types and objectives, monitoring the most important contents and sources and the propaganda forms that it uses.
The study is based on the descriptive research methodology that used the survey methodology, in which there are the method of content analysis, the method of the study of mutual relations and the method of methodological comparison. The study tool was in the content analysis form for the collection and classification of data and information. The study was applied to a sample of Israel in Arabic website, the Times of Israel website, and Al-masdar website, in the period from 1-7-2017 to 31-12-2017, based on the theory of "prioritization".
The study reached several results, most notably:
- The goal of distorting the facts as one of the goals of Israeli propaganda ranked first )27.4%(. In the second place, the goal of beautifying the image of Israel ) 23.7%.(
1. 1. Abu Amer, Adnan. (2018). The Israeli Media Ideology in covering Palestinian Affairs, Al-Jazeera Center for Studies, Doha.
2. 2. Agha, Rani (2013). The Israeli Approach to the Right and its Impact on the Jerusalem Issue, 2000-2011 (unpublished Master Thesis). Al-Azhar University - Gaza.
3. 3. Banna, Haneen (2015). Israeli Practices Toward Palestinian Rights in the City of Jerusalem 2000-2013 (unpublished Master Thesis). Al-Azhar University - Gaza.
4. Tanir,Taqi al-Din and Atwi, Muhammad. (1999). Israeli media and how to address it. I, Beirut)
5. 5. Hussein, Samir (1983) Content Analysis, first edition , Cairo: The World of Books.
6. 6. Hussein, Samir. (2006). Studies in scientific Research Methods: Media Research (third edition). Cairo: Alam Al Kotob.
7. 7. Rima, Ruwbi. (2011). Israeli propaganda strategy during the war on Gaza December 2008 - January 2009. (unpublished Master Thesis). University of Algiers, Algeria.
8. 8. Zogheib, Shaima (2009) Methods of research and statistical uses in media studies, Cairo: Al Dar Al Masriah Al Lubnaniah
9. 9. Salhab, Israa (2015). The depiction of Jerusalem in Palestinian and Israeli Cinema (2000 - 2013) (Unpublished Master Thesis). Birzeit University, Ramallah.
10. 10. Mr. Layla, Makkawi, Hassan. (2012). Communication and contemporary theories. (I 12) Cairo: Al Dar Al Masriah Al Lubnaniah.
11. 11. Sheikh Ali, Nesma (2015). Palestinian Public Use of the Israeli Media and the gratifications of this usage .Applied Study on the 2008-2009 War (Unpublished Master Thesis). Al-Azhar University - Gaza.
12. 12. Sabaar, Mohammed (2011) the Zionist media propaganda methods after the events of September 11 and ways to address them, Journal of Mustansiriya University for Arab and International Studies, Baghdad, P.O. box.
13. 13. Abdel Hamid, Mohamed. (1997) Journalism Research, second edition, Cairo: Alam Al Kotob.
14. 14. Abdul Hamid, Mohamed (1983) Content Analysis in Media Research, (I 1) Jeddah: Dar Al Shorouk
15. 15. Abdel Aziz, Barakat. (2012). Media Research Methods: Theory and Application Skills. I. Cairo: Dar Al Kitab Al Hadith.
16. 16. Abdo, Azizah. (2004). Political media and public opinion: a study in prioritization. Cairo: Dar Al Fajr Publishing and Distribution.
17. 17. Obaidat, Toukan, Abu Al-Saeed, Suhaila (2001). Scientific research: qualitative research and quantitative research. Seventh edition. Amman: Dar Al Fikr for Printing, Publishing and Distribution.
18. 18. Mazira, Manal. (2011) Media Research: foundations and principles, first edition, Amman:.
19. musalama, Mohammed. (2015). The cognitive and behavioral effects of the Israeli media in Arabic on Palestinian youth in the West Bank and Jerusalem during the 2012 and 2014 wars (unpublished MA thesis). Al-Quds University, Palestine.
19. 19. Mashaka, Bassam. (2010) Media Research Methods and Speech Analysis, First edition, Amman: Dar Osama for Publishing and Distribution.
20. 20. Al-masdar, Haider. (2016). Propaganda methods in the Egyptian Electronic Journal against Hamas Hamas: A Comparative Analytical Study (Unpublished Master Thesis). Islamic University of Gaza.
21. 21. Al-masdar, Haidar (2018). Israeli Cyber Propaganda to Block Palestinian Return Marchs, Al Jazeera Center for Studies and Research, Doha.
22.Al-masdar website, About us, date of view 10/9/2017
22. 23. Times of Israel (2017). About Us, Date of View: 10/9/2017, The Times of Israel.
23. 1. Wahib, Astbruk (2009). Media Processing of the American occupation of Iraq: Analysis of the content of Newsweek magazine Arabic version (unpublished master thesis), Middle East University, Amman.
24. 1. Naim, Huda. (2017). The Israeli propaganda discourse in the Arabic language towards the Palestinian resistance through social networks, a comparative analytical study, (unpublished master thesis). Islamic University of Gaza.
25. Kohen, A. (2015). News as Propaganda: Instagram as a naturalize Propaganda tool :The Israel Defense Forces Web site and the phenomenon of shared values.
26. Jang, W. Y. (2013). News as propaganda: A comparative analysis of US and Korean press coverage of the Six-Party Talks, 2003–2007. International Communication Gazette, 75(2), 188-204.
27. Littlejohn, S. W., & Foss, K. A. (2010). Theories of human communication. Waveland press. Retrieved from https://www.waveland.com/browse.php?t=270
28. Seo, H.(2014). Visual Propaganda in the Age of Social Media: An Empirical Analysis of Twitter Images During the 2012 Israeli-Hamas Conflict. Littlejohn, Theories of human communication, 10th ed( p.381(
29. Wimmer, R & Dominick,J (2014). Mass Media Research: an Introduction, 9th Edition (P. 154). Retrieved from https://books.google.ps/books?hl=ar&lr=&id=FTukyzrOED0C&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq#v=onepage&q&f=false
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- All contributor(s) agree to transfer the copyright of this article to EPH Journal.
- EPH Journal will have all the rights to distribute, share, sell, modify this research article with proper reference of the contributors.
- EPH Journal will have the right to edit or completely remove the published article on any misconduct happening.