A REVIEW ARTICLE THE ROLE OF DENDRITIC CELLS IN THE CONTROL OF INNATE IMMUNITY
- innate inflammatory responses,
- T cells and B cells,
- adaptive immune response,
- innate immunity
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Medical and Health Science (ISSN: 2456 - 6063)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Abstract: Dendritic cells play an important role in host immunity by inducing innate inflammatory responses to pathogens, efficiently priming immature T cells, activating memory T cells and promoting B cell activation. Dendritic cells are also integral in maintaining steady- state immune homeostasis by continually presenting tissue-derived self-antigens to CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in the absence of inflammatory signals, leading to tolerance against those self-antigens. The important of innate immunity lies not only in directly confronting pathogenic and non-pathogenic insults but also in instructing the development of an efficient adaptive immune response.
- Abram CL, Roberge GL, Pao LI, Neel BG, Lowell CA (2016); distinct roles for Neutrophils and dendritic cells in inflammation and autoimmunity in motheaten mice
- Belkaid Y and Hand TW. (2016) Role of the microbiota in immunity and inflammation:
- Billiard F, Lobry C, Darrasse-Jeze G, Waite J, Liu X, Mouquet H( 2017); D114-Notch signalling in Flt3- independent dendritic cell development and autoimmunity in mice.
- Bourges D, Ross EM, Allen S, Read S, Houghton FJ, Bedoui S( 2016) Transient systemic inflammation does not alter the induction of tolerance to gastric autoantigens by migratory dendritic cells.
- Calderon B, Carrero JA, Miller MJ, Unanue ER (2016). Cellular and molecular events in the localization of diabetogenic T cells to islets of Langerhans process Natural Academic Science United State of America (USA).
- Diana J, Simoni Y, Furio L, Beaudoin L, Agerberth B, Barrat F (2017): Crosstalk between Neutrophils, B-1a cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells initiates autoimmune diabetes.
- Ferris ST, Carrero JA, Mohan JF, Calderon B, and Murphy KM, Unanue ER (2017): A minor subset of Batf3-dependent antigen-presenting cells in islets of Langerhans is essential for the development of autoimmune diabetes.
- Gasse P, Riteau N, Charron S, Girre S, Fick L, Petrilli V, Tschopp J, Lagente Quesniaux VFJ, Ryffel B, Couillin I (2016). Uric acid is a danger signal activating NALP3 inflammasome in lung injury inflammation and fibrosis: 179:903-913 [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Guilliams M, Ginhoux F, Jakubzick C, Naik SH, Onai N, SchramI BU (2016) Dendritic cells, monocytes and macrophages: a unified nomenclature based on ontogeny.
- Hammer GE, Turer EE, Taylor KE, Fang CJ, Advincula R, Oshima S (2017). Expression of A20 by dendritic cells preserves immune homesostasis and prevents colitis and spondyloarthritis, Natural Immunology 12: 1184-93.
- Hise AG, Tomalka J, Ganesan S, Patel K, Hall BA, Brown GD, Fitzgerald KA (2016). An essential role for the NLRP3 inflammasome in hose defense against the human fungal pathogen Candida albicans, Cell Host Microbes: 5:487-497.
- Jakubzick C, Gautier EL, Gibbings SL, Sojka DK, Schlitzer A, Johnson TE, (2016).Minimal differentiation of classical monocytes as they survey steady-state tissues and transport antigen to lymph nodes.
- Loschko J, Schlitzer A, Dudziak D, Drexler I, Sandholzer N, Bourquin C (2016).Antigen delivery to plasmacytoid dendritic cells via BST2 induces protective T cell-mediated immunity.
- Morel PA (2017): Dendritic cell subsets in type 1 diabetes: friend or foe? Front Immunology.
- Rowland SL, Riggs JM, Gilfillan S, Bugatti M, Vermi W, Kolbeck R (2016): Early transient depletion of plasmacytoid dendritic cells ameliorates autoimmunity in a lupus model.