Elliptocytosis at University hospital Souro Sanou (CHUSS)
- frottis sangui,
- troubles visuels
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Medical and Health Science (ISSN: 2456 - 6063)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This study is about elliptocytosis (anomaly of the Red Blood Cells membrane) in a family of the county of “Hauts Basins”. On the members’ blood smears, elliptocytes, at variable percentage according to the persons, have been found. The same images have been found among the descendants who have been examined. All (the propositus) have hemolysis offset and women had a visual defect.
Materials and Methods
The following examinations were made: CBC, smears on fresh blood, smears after 24 hours in a blood autoclave, results of hemolysis for some, ektacytometry, visual acuity, visual field. Some factors of significance were sought: Research of the anomalies of the Hemoglobin by capillary electrophoresis and high performance liquid chromatography, martial balance, balance sheet vitamin.
Results: while some have presented a simple elliptocytosis, the other had a pyropoikilocytosis. The women presented for some a decrease in visual acuity and for other an amputation of the visual field in temporal.
The relationship between the disease hematological and visual disorders could not be performed because the molecular biology has not been able to be carried out.
- -Nissa o, Chonatb S, Dagaonkarc N, Almansoorid M O, Kerre K, Rogersf ZR, et al. Genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary elliptocytosis and hereditary pyropoikilocytosis Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016; 61: 4-9.
- -Maillet P, Alloisio N, Morlé The Delaunay, J. Spectrin mutations in hereditary elliptocytosis and hereditary spherocytosis Human Mutation 1996; 8:97-107.
- -Delaunay J., Dhermy D.The erythrocyte skeleton and genetic diseases of the shape of the Globule rouge
- Medicine/Sciences 1 990; 6: 562-70
- -Lecomte MC, Dhermy D, Gautero H, Bournier O, Galand C, Boivin P
- The Hereditary elliptocytose in West Africa: the frequency and distribution of the variants of the spectrin
- C R Acad Sci III. 1988;306(2):43-6.
- -Beauchamp-Nicoud A., Cynober T., blot I., Tchernia G., Mielot F.Elliptocytose among a subject of black race: a diagnostic trap or do you not rely on appearances Haematology.2001;7 (4):297-9
- -Lecomte MC. Malaria and molecular defects of the skeleton of the erythrocyte membrane Haematology 2010;16(2):120-7
- - Soderquist C., Bagg A. Hereditary elliptocytosis Blood 2013 121:3066.
- -King M.-J., Boy L., Hoyer J.D., Lolascon A., Picard V., Stewart G. et al ICSH guidelines for laboratory diagnosis of nonimmune hereditary red cell membrane disorders International Journal of laboratory hematology 2015;.37 (3):304-324)
- -Dhermy D., Garbarz Mr., Lecomte MC., OEM C., Bournier O., Chaveroche I., Gautero H. and Al Hereditary elliptocytosis: clinical, morphological and biochemical studies of 38 boxes. New. Rev. Fr Hematol 1986 28:129-140
- -Gallagher P.G.Hereditary elliptocytosis: spectrin and protein 4.1R Seminars in hematology, ,2004;41(2) :142-164
- -Shin-ichiro S., Hideho W., Hidekazu N., Takayuki T., Takashi S., Kaoru T. Analysis of hereditary Elliptocytosis with decreased binding of eosin-5-maleimide to Red Blood Cells BioMed Research International Volume 2015:1-6
- -Boutault R., Eveillard Mr.Acquired elliptocytosis in the setting of a refractory anemia with excess blasts and del(20q) Blood 2016 127:2646
- -Baweja Mr., Moreno-Aspitia has, Menke D.M., Roy v. Zubair A. Marked elliptocytosis in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) in association to deletion of chromosome 20q Blood 2005 106:4927)
- -Wilmotte R., Marechal J., Morle L., Baklouti F., Philippe N., Kastally R. et al Low expression αLELY allele of red cell spectrin is associated with mutations in exon 40 (AV/4the polymorphism) and intron 45 and with partial skipping of exon 46 J. Clin. Invest. Vol. 91, 1993: 2091-2096).
- -Delaunay J, Nouyrigat V, Proust A, Schischmanoff PO , Cynober T, Yvart J ,Gaillard C, Danos O, Tchernia G.
- Different impacts of alleles alphaLEPRA and alpha LELY as assessed versus a novel, virtually null allele of the SPTA1 gene in trans. Br J Haematol. 2004 ;127(1):118-22.
- -Letter To The Editor Hereditary elliptocytosis: variable clinical severity caused by 3 variants in the α-spectrin gene Int J lab. Hem. 2018; 40: E66-E70