A Study on minimizing the cost of making of t-shirt by effective line balancing and efficiency for improving productivity in Apparel Industry : minimizing the cost of making of t-shirt
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Science And Engineering (ISSN: 2454 - 2016)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Line balancing is an effective tool to improve the throughput of assembly line while reducing non-value-added activities, cycle time. Line balancing is the problem of assigning operation to workstation along an assembly line, in such a way that assignment is optimal in some sense. This project mainly focuses on improving overall efficiency of single model assembly line by reducing the non-value added activities, cycle time and distribution of work load at each work station by line balancing. The methodology adopted includes calculation of cycle time of process, identifying the non –value-added activities, calculating total work load on station and distribution of work load on each workstation by line balancing, in order to improve the efficiency of line and increase overall productivity.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladeshi_RMG_Sector http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/consumer_and_retail/bangladesh_the_next_hot_spot_in_a parel_sourcing
- Shumon Md. R H, Arif-UZ-Zaman K & Rahman A, Productivity improvement through line balancing in apparel industries, paper presented at the International Conference on International Engineering and Operations Management, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 9-10 January 2010
- Daniel Kitaw, Amare Matebu and Solomon Tadesse(Journal of EEA, Vol. 27, 2010)
- Chen J C, Hsaio M H, Chen C C & Sun C J, A Grouping Genetic algorithm for the Assembly Line Balancing Problem of Sewing Lines in Garment Industry (Department of Industrial and System Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li, Taiwan), 2009
- Nakajima M, Uchiyama S & Miura Y, J Text Mach Soc Jpn, Transactions, 33 (4) (1980)22.
- F Khosravi, A H Sadeghi & F Jolai, An improvement in caldulation method for Apparel assembly line balancing, Indian Journal of Fibar & Textile Research, Vo. 38, September 2013, pp 259-264
- v. p.jaganathan, line balancing using largest candidate rulealgorithm in a garment industry: a case study, international Journal of Lean thinking Volume 5 Issue 1 (December 1)