COMPARISON BETWEEN THE CHARACTERISTICS OF DISTANCE RELAYS AND CHOOSING THE IDEAL ONE TO USE IN THE JORDANIAN SYSTEM
- Distance Relay,
- Impedance Relay,
- MAT Lab,
- Power System
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Science And Engineering (ISSN: 2454 - 2016)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This paper compares among the impedance, mho, elliptical characteristics …etc., that are used in the distance relays, as well as in the third zone using MATLAB /SIMULINK tool box. The aim of this comparison is to determine the best characteristic that must be used in third zone to detect the faults which may occur on the transmission lines in the Jordanian system.
- Kevin Marojahan B.N. , Nanang Hariyanto , Muhammad Nurdin, Characteristics and Suppression of Secondary Arc on 500 kV Transmission Lines for Single Pole Reclosure Purposes, Conference: 2014 Electrical Power, Electronics, Communicati ons, Controls, and Informatics Seminar ( EECCIS)At: Malang, Indonesia
- Thesis for Distance Protection Using Micro-Processor, Yousif Eltous, 1988
- Aker, Elhadi Emhemad, Mohammad Lutfi Othman, Ishak Aris, Noor Izzri Abdul Wahab, Hashim Hizam and Osaji Emmanuel. “Adverse Impact of STATCOM on the Performance of Distance Relay.” (2017).
- T. M. Yesansure , T. G. Arora, Numerical Quadrilateral Distance relay, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 7, July 2013
- Sachin Srivastava, U.J. Shenoy, Abhinna Chandra Biswal and Ganesan Sethuraman, Impedance seen by Distance Relays on Lines Fed from Fixed Speed Wind Turbines April 2013, International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems 14(1) DOI: 10.1515/ijeeps-2013-0026
- Peter Müller, Stefan Tenbohlen, Reinhard Maier, Michael Anheuser, Characteristics Of Series And Parallel Low Current Arc Faults In The Time And Frequency Domain, Electrical Contacts. IEEE Holm Conference. 56th 2010. (Holm 2010)