Diagnosis of environmental recovery in bauxite mining in the municipality of Poços de Caldas – Minas Gerais
- Recovery of Degraded Areas,
- Environmental Planning
Copyright (c) 2019 EPH - International Journal of Science And Engineering (ISSN: 2454 - 2016)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This research was conducted in order to evaluate the technical and managerial procedures practiced by a company that carried out the bauxite mining, according to the reference coordinates 23S 343200/7587100, in the municipality of Poços de Caldas – Minas Gerais, with regard to its proposals contained in its Degraded Areas Recovery Plan. The methodology adopted was carried out in four distinct phases: bibliographic research, field data survey through technical visit, analysis of its Degraded Area Recovery Plan and use of geoprocessing techniques for the preparation of two maps: Digital Terrain Model and Slope Map, both prepared by ArcGIS, version 10.3. In addition, aerial images were used in order to compare over the years 2005, 2007, 2015 and 2017. The results obtained recommend topographic leveling actions. The smoothing of the area was not effective, which caused erosive processes present in certain cultivated areas, directly affecting the development of local vegetation. In relation to the techniques of exploitation and reforestation, it was noted that the company adhered to extremely common procedures in the region, such as the use of the method of open pit mining and reforestation with eucalyptus plantations.
- FERREIRA, Adailton Pereira et al. Use of nitrogen fixing tree legumes in the recovery of areas degraded by sand mining at the Seropédica/Itaguaí production center. Rio de Janeiro: Embrapa, 2007.
- ALBA, J. M. F. Recovery of mined areas/technical editor. 2.ed. Brasília, DF: Embrapa tecnological information., 2010. 326 p.
- FLORES, José Cruz do Carmo. Mine Closure: Technical, Legal and Socioenvironmental Aspects. 2006. 309 f. Thesis (Doctorate) - Course of Administration and Policy of Mineral Resources, Institute of Geosciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, 2006.
- NERI, Ana Claudia; SÁNCHEZ, Luis Enrique. Guide to good practices of environmental recovery in quarries and limestone mines. São Paulo: Abge - Brazilian Association of Engineering and Environmental Geology, 2012.
- NATIONAL PARK OF THE BOCAINA MOUNTAIN RANGE (PNSB). Presentation Screenplay for the Terrestrial Degraded Area Recovery Plan (PRAD) - Version 03: 2013. <http://www.icmbio.gov.br/parnaserradabocaina/images/stories/o_que_fazemos/gestao_e_manejo/Roteiro_PRAD_versao_3.pdf> Access on September 21, 2017.
- CORRÊA, R.S. Recovery of degraded areas by mining in the Cerrado: Manual for Revegetation. 2.ed. Brasília: Universa, 2009. 174 p.
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE NORMAS TÉCNICAS (ABNT). NBR 13030: Preparation and presentation of a project for the rehabilitation of areas degraded by mining. Rio de Janeiro, p. 5. 1999.
- AGÊNCIA NACIONAL DE MINERAÇÃO (ANM). SIGMINE. Available at: <http://www.anm.gov.br/assuntos/ao-minerador/sigmine>. Accessed on: 31 Aug. 2019.
- INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE PESQUISAS ESPACIAIS (INPE). TOPODATA. Available at: <http://www.dsr.inpe.br/topodata/acesso.php>. Accessed on: 31 Aug. 2019.
- CAMERA, G.; DAVIS, C. Introduction: Why geoprocessing? INPE. São José dos Campos, 2001.
- MITISHITA, E. A. Monorestituição Digital de Aerofotos associated with C.A.D. computer graphics system for mapping purposes in the forest area Doctoral Thesis. UFPR, Curitiba, PR, 1997.
- DUKE, G. D.; KIENZLE, S. W. Improving overland flow routing by Incorporating ancillary road data Into Digital Elevation Models. International Journal of Spatial Hydrology, v. 3, n. 2, 2003.
- FLORENZANO, T. G. Geomorphology: current concepts and technologies. São Paulo: Texts Workshop, 2008.